05 October 2010

Podstolice

I have a thing for country fairs, carnivals and all sorts of outdoor or better yet out of town events. So hearing about a china fair picnic in Podstolice I obviously wanted to go. The village lays about 40 km from Poznań and it's biggest attraction is a XIX-century manor house.
It's current owners are also Rosenthal's china representatives for Poland. They host many events and this one is open to public. I must say it is an excellent idea to present chine in a manor house. The displayed goods found their natural surroundings there.
The weather on the last weekend of summer was so lovely it begged for a trip away from the city and this event fell right into place. I must admit I went totally unprepared. Hearing the words 'china' and 'picnic' was enough to get me going (I have a bit of a collection of china). But I pictured a more down to earth country fair, smelling of sausage, typical carnival stalls accompanied by a bit of folklore china and perhaps an exhibition. What I did not expect was a posh elite event sponsored by such brands as Porsche and BMW.
So my most posh accessory was my shih tzu;) Having a puppy on your arm is a perfect conversation starter when you're strolling from one fancy china stand to another, wine-tasting or sampling fine coffee.
My fearless little fur-ball always wants to play with other animals no matter if their wild or tamed, big or small so when walking in the surrounding park we noticed the paddock I had to pull her away from the pony who seemed more interesting in nibbling on something.
It was really hard to keep her away as playing with the ponies was all she could think of. When I was distracted by liquor sampling, Elza managed to wrest away from me (which she never does) and run to the paddock. Fortunately, teaching her obedience paid off and I managed to stop her half way. A stressful moment but it made me proud at the same time. Elza managed to surpass her desires and followed my call.
The sky was so beautiful that day that I might of post this for Skywatch Friday but I'm posting it for My World Tuesday instead to show you one of the many attractions of the area around my city - Poznań.
Hope to see you there next year!

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful place to organize a fair. 19th century manor house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękne miejsce! Faktycznie wydaje się być troszkę posh:)
    Karafka z nalewką wygląda zacznie!
    Bużki dla Elzy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A my do Podstolic wybraliśmy się latem (chyba w czerwcu). Od tamtego czasu planujemy krótką relację na blogu, ale jak dotąd nie udało nam się to ;) Fajnie tymczasem zobaczyć Twoją relację, zdjęcia naprawdę oddają klimat miejsca. Pozdrawiamy serdecznie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day out. I too love fairs and festivals, what a great way to spend the day.

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a good job showing us the beauty in your area. I like the idea of your dog not just as the conversation starter, but also the posh accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I would have loved that!

    I grew up in rural Australia and I wish I had a photo of our local annual show I could download for you. What a world away.

    I love blogs like this, it's so interesting to see what people around the world get up to. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the "new" blog. It's so good to hear from you, and I hope all is well. Keep the pictures coming... they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful tto see the stage from a different perspective

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of the Manor there, I also like the horse, he seems quite silly in this picture, with his head cocked and his expression of being overly eager to munch one's hand, or something...hahaha. Great pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just an excellent. I like reading what ever you write. For this post, (thermal bags)I just want to say WOW…

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece was an inspiration for me to share with everyone I know. I must congratulate the author and the place and coming up with a beautiful creature like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to visit your blog, I want to be a follower of your blog so I can view the latest content in your blog,
    honeymoon destinations all inclusive
    regards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I lovee your blog. Your blog is very creative. Keep up the good work. I will soon be your newest follower. I would appreciate if you came to see my 2 blogs, Being real in a plastic world and Just Fashion. Thanks again(:

    ReplyDelete
  14. very impressive blog.i have search it through yahoo.its very amazing.when ever you need transcription services then contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hun interesting blog.i really appreciate it,i have bookmark it for revisit. i have a list of rice exporters for online trade

    ReplyDelete
  16. wao very impressive blog.i have search it through yahoo.its very amazing.i have online toys store for your kids.c u again

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice and lovely photo taken, wish i have a digital frame to capture all these breath taking photos

    ReplyDelete
  18. For everyday tasks to complex projects and programs, Microsoft Project 2010 combines powerful planning capabilities with advanced collaboration tools to help your agency set realistic expectations - and manage time, personnel, and resources to stay on time and budget.Project 2010 download gives individual users an intuitive, easy way to lay out tasks and timelines

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice blog indeed. I will always go back for your nice updates, Thank You for posting great articles with useful and up to date topics. I really appreciate your efforts in doing so! I hope to read more interesting topics from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love everything here in your blog. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi
    Good points, I have been previously looking for something such as this for a time now, Great common sense here.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
blogarama.com